Saturday, May 3, 2008

Phone Night Project

Once a week my best bud and I spend the evening on the phone working on projects.  Although I must admit she works on more than I do.  Sometimes I'm real lazy and I just sit, talk and "watch" her work.  However this week I had a mission.  

I have a very good friend who had a very serious heart attack back on Easter Sunday.  Thankfully he is doing great now but I needed to make him a get-well/I miss you fabric postcard. 

I had bought some really cool fabric from my favorite Postcard for Jack 001line -- Fusions -- at a quilt shop in MA a couple weekends ago.  (I did manage to limit myself to only 3 colorways  and not the whole selection this time .)  The flowers were from a trip back in Jan. to Wright's.  (What a store!)  The variegated yarn is from the wonderful yarn shop in Great Barrington. 

These postcards are just so much fun to make.  Because they are so small, I am not afraid to try new things.  If my ideas don't work, I have not wasted much money or time.  The bad thing is, I had to send it out and won't be able to take it to my Fiber Arts Club for Show and Tell.  Hopefully a picture will suffice.

No comments: