Saturday, February 7, 2009

Winter Thaw

Today is the day.  It is really warm out there.  It's 48 degrees.  That is warm compared to the temps of under 30 for highs and lows of single digits or teens for more than a month.  The snow is really melting today.  Probably be some flooding.  The sun is shining so pretty.  I think I should get out there and enjoy this beautiful day.

It's also good that we are having a nice day today because it is Christmas for our family.  We are finally getting around to celebrating it.  We've tried a couple other times but because of sickness and scheduling conflicts, we've had to postpone.  The weather is much nicer today for it. 

We are also celebrating February birthdays today.  We have 3 in our family.  I led off, Monday is Dad's, and the 17th is my niece's.  How did any of us get to be as old as we are already.  Time sure flies.

Most of my morning was spent down in my craft room making birthday cards.  If my time was worth anything, those sure are expensive cards.  LOL   I had a great time doing them and that is what counts.  I'm not 100% satisfied with them but I'm still a beginner at paper crafting.  I'll get it one of these days.  I think the key word is PRACTICE!

The morning is gone and I have not had breakfast.  I got a little sidetracked.  My tummy is letting me know.

No comments: