Saturday, July 5, 2008

July 4th weekend

I can't believe it is almost over with.  So far the weather had been absolutely perfect.  Once this weekend is over, it always seems like Summer is half over even though it only officially started about 2 weeks ago.

Yesterday I went over to Lake MI and observed all the crowded beaches.  Then it was on to my brother's for supper followed by a sail almost the whole length of Lake Macatawa (about 3 miles) to watch the fireworks.  There is nothing like watching fireworks from a sailboat in the middle of the lake.  There is the glow above and the reflection in the water.  Our biggest challenge was finding our way back to the marina in the dark.  Thankfully they have lighted buoys every half mile or so.  Gotta watch out for the unlit ones though.  (We did.)

Today I took my 13 year old nephew fishing.  What a great day.  We probably caught close to a dozen fish.  We are sport fishermen -- we throw them back.  We were out for about 2 hours.  This was his 2nd time fishing and he loves it.  Just have to get him taking his fish off his hook. 

Tomorrow is, hopefully, a game of golf with a young man I just met yesterday.  He is up here visiting from NC.  He is a friend of a friend of mine. 

Tonight I watched a terrific movie -- August Rush.  It came highly recommended and I loved it.  I might watch it again before I return it.

If I get the golf in, it will be a perfect weekend. 

Happy Birthday, USA!!!

1 comment:

Ruthie said...

Sounds like a great weekend. I hope it's a beautiful a day there as it is here and that you get some golf in.