Saturday, January 17, 2009

BRRRRRRRRRR

This week has been a real deep freeze in MI.  Or as a quilter friend of mine would say "It is freezing hiney cold".  As I type this, it is a minus 4  minus 7 degrees F.  I'd like to get up early (6ish) and go take some pictures if the light pillars are visiable again.  Friday morning they were absolutely beautiful and I didn't have a camera with me. 

Light pillars are a phenomena that happens when it is really cold and the humidity is just right.  It makes the lights beam straight up into the air like search lights but with a really narrow beam.  Really a cool sight.  I don't think I've ever seen them as beautiful as they were on my way to work.  I'm hoping Saturday morning will be like that.  But come sunrise and it can warm up.  We are due for a heat wave.  The forecast is 20 degrees.  

2 comments:

Howdy said...

Hmmm - I think if it was -7 ...I would be hard put to be polite enough to say 'hiney'... LOL

I'm curious about those light pillars - looking forward to pictures.

Judy said...

I saw that too! Wished I'd had my camera.

Then, again on my way home the setting sun was doing it.

Nice 'bookends' for a Friday, I thought.