Sunday, January 4, 2009

2009 Already

I can't believe how fast time is going.  It's already the 4th of January.  Seems like 2008 just flew by.  Every year just seems to go faster and faster. 

The other day I was down in my craft area.  I just stood there shaking my head.  I have way too many books and fabric.  So I decided I would sell some of my books on Craig's List.  Well, as I was going through the books trying to pick out the books that I would sell, I couldn't seem to choose any.  What's with that?  Now I know in my head that I will probably never open some of these books again.  They are great books and that is the problem.  How do you get rid of a great book?  So I guess I'll keep the books and just by chance someday I might just use one.

I also decided I had way too much fabric.  No, I'm not going to sell or toss that BUT I have decided to Slash the Stash this year.  I'm off to a good start.  I have cut out 20 blocks for a Turning Twenty quilt.  Now that is 5 yards of fabric and it didn't even make a dent.  Right now I have the blocks laid out on the floor.  Today (no church today...ice) I plan to go down and sew the blocks.  I may even have time to assemble them.  I'm sure I have a piece or two of fabric that will work for a backing. 

I've read JudyL's challenge regarding stash busting and I'm not just sure I'll join that because I know I won't have much to report each week.  When I make postcards, they only use two 4" x 6" pieces.  But I don't usually have to buy new fabric to make them.  Embellishments is another thing.  Anyway, I am going to keep track of fabric usage and maybe I'll report in on her site every once in a while just for some accountability.  I see by her post today that she reports on what she has pulled and cut for the week.  So I think I'll just start out the year by doing that.  It will be interesting to see how much fabric I can use this year.  I need more space. (I have another new hobby this year.)

The new hobby is paper cards.  I have gotten hooked on the Cricut and Cuttlebug machines.  That is just so much fun.  Just what I needed was another hobby.  Why can't I find a hobby that doesn't involve spending money?  At least I was able to find a used Cricut and got my Cuttlebug for a really good price.  With savvy shopping, I have found supplies for up to 66% off.  Here is a site that shows some of the creations made using the two machines.

OK, enough rambling.  I need to get breakfast and get cracking down in the craft room.

I'm praying for a really good and productive 2009.

No comments: