Friday, December 19, 2008

SNOW SNOW SNOW!!!

WOW, we got some snow today. It started about 3AM and by the time it stopped at around 2PM we had gotten at least 12 inches. The roads were pretty much ok until I got to my street. There were 2 vehicles -- a van and a panel truck -- stuck at the entrance. So I sat and waited wondering if my little car (Hyundai Sonnata) would be able to make it. The two vehicles finally made it out with lots of help and then the wife of the panel truck driver pulled in with her full-size car with front wheel drive. Yup, she got stuck too. After a few pushes she got to a neighbor's driveway that was blown out. So I tried my luck. My little car just plowed right through. I parked in front of the neighbor's house where he had blown out the street. I waded through knee-deep snow to get the snow blower out of the garage. An hour and a half later, I had my driveway, patio, sidewalks, half of the neighbor's driveway and the street in front of my house all blown out. Now I'll wait until the next storm -- Sunday. Total snow total for the season to date 41", normal average for the season 72". And Winter has not even arrived yet. Oh boy!!! I'm very thankful for my snowblower.

No comments: