Monday, January 14, 2008

Fiber Arts Club

Tonight was my monthly Fiber Arts Club meeting. WOW! Beth Ann Williams, who is an award-winning contemporary quilter, fiber artist, author, designer and teacher is the leader. This is the 4th meeting of our group and tonight the topic was "To Fuse or Not to Fuse".

First things first though. We always start out with Show and Tell. Some great things were shared tonight. We have some very talented and experienced ladies in the group along with those of us who are just getting into this area of artistry. One of the ladies has a picture of her work in Quilting Arts magazine. They had a challenge dealing with doors.

Beth Ann talked about the possible advantages and disadvantages of using adhesives. Then she talked about 11 different fusibles and adhesives. I can't wait to try some that I have not worked with and also some I have but use them in a new way. I've been trying to create a fiber picture of one of my photos. I think painting Misty Fuse and then fusing it on my background may be the ticket I've been looking for. I think I need to take a trip to Hobby Lobby and pick up a few things. Needless to say I am a little pumped tonight. I need some play time.

Another little word humor: Police were called to a day care where a three-year-old was resisting a rest. (I love those things. Thanks, Karen, for passing them on to me.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wish I could do that class with you! Guess I'll just have to pick your brain .

I can't wait to see what you do with your Artistic flare !


HUGS B

Micki said...

Hi, thanks for visiting my blog. You asked about the padfolio and how the pad is attached. There is a pocket and the back panel (cardboard) of the pad is slipped into it to hold it there. Great postcards and loved the photos of the birds of prey.

Mar said...

love seeing you all fired up and having fun! Can't wait to see what you are working on.