Sunday, January 13, 2008

Weekend is over

How do weekends go by so quickly? Maybe because it was so much fun. Saturday I met my best friend from high school at The Stamp Shoppe in Kazoo. We made 2 each of 5 different cards and then we went out for lunch. Always nice to have a day with a long time friend. Later on my way home, I did something that I hardly ever do and that was go into a quilt shop, spend 40 minutes in there and not spend a dime. I was so proud of myself. It was hard though. I'm not sure I've ever done that before. A quilter rarely leaves a quilt shop after having spent so much time in it without a purchase. I'll mark it on the calendar.

Snowfall is really funny sometimes. Today I was heading down the highway and it was just raining. Turned a corner and suddenly the ground was white and it was snowing big flakes. It was snowing big flakes all the way to my destination and piled up about 3". Coming back there was snow on the ground until we hit that corner and then none. So northeast of me and southeast of me they got the snow and I just got rain. I'm glad. I don't have to shovel or blow rain.

Have a great week and try to be a blessing to at least one person each day.

No comments: